Arizona Avenue to McQueen Road (ST1502/CHN0237D/SZ170001C) – In Construction
Construction began in February 2019 for this phase of Chandler Heights Road Improvements, with construction expected to take approximately 11 months to complete. We’ll do our best to provide current project information but please remember that construction schedules sometimes need to be adjusted due to weather, materials scheduling, utility coordination, or various other factors.
We’ll do our best to provide current project information but please remember that construction schedules sometimes need to be adjusted due to weather, materials scheduling, utility coordination, or various other factors.
- Construction nears completion in Chandler Heights Road with traffic shifted away from the work zone, where necessary.
- Crews are currently working to install landscape features in the median island in Chandler Heights Road with eastbound traffic shifted to the curb lane during daytime hours for the next couple of days for this work.
- Scheduled for the weekend of January 4-5, crews will apply a slurry seal pavement application in a section of the Chandler Heights Road/Arizona Avenue intersection. To accommodate this work, on Saturday, Jan. 4, there will be no left turns permitted in the intersection during daytime hours, and on Sunday, Jan. 5, Chandler Heights Road westbound traffic will not be permitted through the intersection, but will be directed to turn left or right onto Arizona Avenue. All other movements through the intersection should be permitted. Law enforcement officers will be on site to assist in managing traffic during this activity.
- Concrete crews are nearing completion on remaining drainage components in the project area.
- Landscape crews are also nearing completion with their work, which should be complete in the next week or two.
- Business and resident access will be maintained and thank you for your continued patience during this work.
Improvements will widen Chandler Heights Road, from west of Arizona Avenue at Sunland Drive to McQueen Road, to four lanes (two lanes each direction) where improvements have not taken place. Improvements include raised medians, bike lanes, center turn lane, curb, gutter, sidewalk, street lighting and drainage improvements. This phase also requires coordination with the Union Pacific Railroad to accommodate widening of the railroad crossing, and with Salt River Project to accommodate widening at the Consolidated Canal. A public meeting was held during design in November 2016 and information from that meeting and the design phase is available below.
Environmental Documents for this phase (Arizona Avenue to McQueen) are available below: